Metapad is a program you can use for a long long time and take it for granted.
I can't remember how long I have been using this program on a daily basis, in fact many times daily. The Metapad web site does an excellent job of pointing out its features and usefulness, so I won't repeat all that here.
It was recently brought to my attention because Metapad is now open source, which many of us like, and just as important to me, the developer is Canadian, as I am also.
You can read the details on the Metapad website, but here are just a few of the things I like that made it stay as part of my most used programs.
- It is an easy replacement for Windows notepad, which has restrictions.
- It springs into use fast.
- Great for quick reading of those text files.
- Great for writing quick text files.
- Good temporary storage for text clips you get, including hyperlinks.
- Can be used from a usb thumbdrive/jumpdrive.
You will find many other uses along with these. I have tried many other notepad replacement programs and they all have their merits. But this one just 'does it.' Highly recommended.
(Updated: March 2009)
|No elaborate scientific setups here. No special laboratory equipment. Just honest in use every day setups that my friends or I use, or have used in our every day computing activities.|